Manoeuvre Your Way Through the Internet Rankings with Our Free Report
The Challenges of Running a Business in the Internet Age
Life in the internet age has become a lot easier. However, it has also added to the levels of complexity – none more so than for those running a business. Owners of small and midsized businesses, have their hands full with the day-to-day management activities. Managing the inventory and keeping the business operational, feature high in their list of priorities. Until the advent of the internet and search engines, they could only attract customers from the nearby vicinity. The internet gave them a lot to think about by expanding their possible customer base.
If you are running a business or a company, the chances are that you would have heard of free internet marketing. You might even have taken part in some free marketing. Search engine marketing involves promoting your website, by increasing its visibility. The best way to achieve this is through the results generated by search engines. Advertising and Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) remain your best bets for appearing among the first results on search engines. For your website to achieve optimum levels of optimisation, knowing the keyword phrases appropriate for your business remains the key.
At the Core of Search Engine Marketing
Search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing maintain indices of each website and company on the internet. Search engines work in four phases, namely:
- Crawling: This involves scanning the site and obtaining various details about it i.e. the page title, keywords, images, links etc. Search engines like Google take snapshots of each page on a website. You can view these snapshots as cached pages on Google’s search results.
- Indexing: The search engine collates all the information about each website on to a database.
- Retrieving: This comes into play when a visitor types relevant keywords in the search engine. The search engine does a quick scan of its database and produces the results based on the keywords entered. Therefore, if your website has the keywords searched, it will show up on the list of results.
- Ranking: Each search engine maintains a ranking algorithm. This algorithm takes into account several factors, which eventually decide which website deserves the pride of position in the search results generated by the engine. The actual algorithm remains a fiercely guarded secret. Further, search engines keep making changes to these algorithms regularly. This provides the search engines with a competitive advantage. It also ensures that they stay a few steps ahead of unscrupulous website owners, who can exploit the loopholes to their personal benefit. This constant evolution of the algorithm ensures that website owners can never rest on their laurels. Having a numero uno ranking at one point in time, does not mean your website will have that distinction eternally.
How Can I Get My Business a First-Page Listing on Search Engine Results?
The principle behind getting your business listed on the first page of search engine results is simple. You need to understand the mindset and psyche of a visitor looking for a business like yours. You also need to have a knack of identifying keywords that could make your website attractive to search engines
Here are a few ways through which you can begin your ascent:
- The Right Keyword Phrases: Select keywords apposite to your business. Do not stick to one keyword and use it endlessly. Stick to having one keyword phrase per page on your website.
- The Right Density: Ensure that you use the keywords naturally in the content on the page. Use it in a balanced manner so that the content draws visitors to your site instead of driving them away.
- The Right Naming Convention: Give a descriptive name to the pages on your website with the title attribute. This will make it easier to attract the attention of the search engines.
- The Right Connections: Ensure that your page has an appropriate number of incoming and outgoing hyperlinks. In fact, use these links to emphasise the keyword phrases on the page.
- The Right Networks: Harness the power and utility of your social media sites.
- The Right Visuals: Search engines ignore Flash content, even though people find it attractive. Therefore, keep the Flash to a bare minimum and assign
attributes to your images. It remains a neat way of emphasising the keywords on the page too.
So How Can Rotapix Help Me?
Do you remember the key we mentioned earlier, for getting an optimised website? Alternatively, do you recall the first point we mentioned in order to get your website on the first page of search results? Yes – the right keyword phrases is the answer.
Rotapix offers you a FREE report. This report will evaluate your website in terms of its ranking across the relevant set of keywords. You can only optimise your site if you know the keywords you need to target. Besides, it does not make sense to hire a SEO agency for optimising your website, without knowing the keywords you need to target.
Our FREE report gives you SIX KEYWORDS and/or PHRASES relevant to your business. It also tells you the exact rank that three top search engines have given your business. The three search engines we consider are Google Australia, Yahoo7 and Bing.
Once you have this report, formulating the SEO strategies for your website becomes infinitely easier. However, if you need us to optimise your website too, Rotapix can deliver the results you seek. After all, we are leaders when it comes to SEO in Australia. This is a fact confirmed by the renowned industry body, TopSEO. Fill in the form below and prepare for take-off…
Please note: Your details will not be passed on or sold to any other company. Rotapix cares about privacy
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory
- Currently, this report is only offered to Australian based companies and websites.
- A maximum of one free report is offered per company / business / website.
- Adult, Gambling, or other websites that we deem inappropriate will not be accepted.
- Rotapix reserves the right not offer this website ranking report to websites that do not deem appropriate.
- This report is not offered to existing clients as a more comprehensive report is provided as a part of our search engine optimisation offering.
- Rotapix will not sell your details or use your details for marketing purposes. Rotapix cares about privacy.